Tuesday, March 17, 2020


RJF’s three things- silver linings
The Mishnah teaches us to dan lchaf zchut to judge the whole of a person favorably.  It has a lot of layered meanings but for today it is a reminder to look for silver linings.  In this case I’m applying it not to a person, but to coronavirus.  Three benefits to coronavirus
  1. I had to figure out how to use facebook live! That’s been on my todo list for years! I am being challenge, in a good way, to expand my digital repertoire and look for new ways to engage people.  When this is all done these will be tools I hope to continue to use. 
  2. There have been some great meme’s and jokes.  In true “three” tradition here are my current favorite three jokes and favorite three memes. 
    1. Have you seen coronavirus.  You might know it by its aol screenname covid-19?
    2. Rabbi, what is the best food to feed someone with covid-19?  Matzah! But, rabbi, will matzah help? Not at all!  Then why is it the best food?  It slides easily under the door!
    3. Matzah is the best food for the current crisis – It fills you up and that toilet paper shortage will suddenly matter a whole lot less. 
    4. Memes:  


Humour can relieve stress and although many may not like the idea of making fun during tough times like world under the COVID-19 attack.

 Image result for my god this meeting could have been an emailImage result for kadesh urchatz joke


  1. This disease is obviously a disaster on so many levels.  We will be recovering from the financial and societal implications long after our medical professionals are able to get this virus under control.  In addition to that truth, and since I am currently healthy, it is an enormous opportunity for reflection.  The disruption in my life is a moment to ask myself is this the life we want? What really matters?  My normal schedule gives me so many “have to’s” things I don’t spend too much time thinking about but that I say “sorry, I have to go to this meeting/program/event/whatever.” Now I’m asking do I need to? 

Please post your own silver-linings, reflections, and jokes below!

No comments:

Post a Comment